Wednesday 11 July 2007

Bowling night

Well, it's Wednesday and that means bowling night. So what? Well, tonight is our mid season trophy night. And, further to that, tonight is the first trophy our team has won in yonks! First Place at that! So I am dragging the family along to watch me gloat. Doesn't happen often so I have to make the most of it.

It is a fancy dress if you feel adventurous (surrounded in make believe I am!) I thought about hiring the costume for a bit longer, but it would be a bit hard to bowl in the skirt - and besides, I look ridiculous!

We are having finger good dinner, then a mix and match bowl after that. That means our names go into a hat and we get selected for teams. I am a bit worried what Jr Her and Him will think of that. Not even sure I like the idea - I would hav loved to bowl with them instead.

I took Jr Her bowling a couple of weekends ago and by the last few frames of the 3rd game she finally had the hang of it. Poor lamb. But she has fun anyway and afterall, is that not the aim of the night?

I will let you know how it pans out....not to mention pictures of the trophy!

No comments: