Sunday 22 April 2012

whoo boy!

My, sometimes it doesn't rain, it pours. Last week was rather slow, with a somewhat relaxing weekend. Dobby had a friend over for the day who ended up staying the night. That's about it. This past week has certainly made up for that.

It's birthday week, so Fluffy and I spent some time on the weekend doing the last bit of shopping. I also stopped at Wendy's and ordered the cake. Icecream cake of course. Expensive but hassle free.

Monday was rather quiet. Dobby was asked last week did she want to go to her old OSHC (Out of School Hours Care) to help out. They get free labour and she gets to add something else to her resume, win win I'd say. She agreed, so Monday morning I dropped her off on the way to work. She stayed the whole day and I picked her up on the way home.

Tuesday she also spent the day there, getting a free ticket to the movies. She was home around 3.30 though that time. Tuesday night she was complainign she didn't feel well. As Wednesday was birthday day, I hoped she wasn't coming down with something. She got out of bed to ask her dad if she could have some money for a new school bag. She had arranged to go shopping with a friend for the day, with the friend staying over. We agreed, and gave her some money. She was hoping for a bit for shopping too, but we didn't give her any.

Wednesday she was actually out of bed without me having to wake her. Naturally. I told her she had to be ready before the friend arrived at ten, so she was. I gave her her birthday card - with $100 in it. One happy birthday girl.

I went to work and she went shopping. She didn't find a bag, and surprisingly enough, gave me all the money back. We agreed we'd go shopping on Sunday at Harbourtown to see if we could find something there. She bought herself a pair of blue pants for school and a pretty knitted salmon-coloured jumper. When I got home they had actually cleaned the dining and lounge rooms. Apparently Dobby had cooked herself breakfast, washed up, and put the dishes AWAY. Amazing.

She had asked another friend to come over but she could only come at dinner time. So it was agreed she'd stay over. The first friend, Tiny (from years ago), was also invited to stay over. So much for no birthday party. Mum's a schmuck.

Anyway, when I asked what she wanted for dinner, she decided party style nibblies. So on Tuesday I picked up party pies and sausage rolls, spring rolls, and some lovely chicken kiev balls. Fluffy and I went for a drive and picked up hot chips and a pizza too. He and I then filled our plates and retired to the lounge to leave the ferals in the dining room. From the sounds of it they had fun.

Later when we'd (and by we'd I mean I'd) cleaned up, we did the cake. Dobby was very happy with it. Her friends didn't want to be photographed but agreed eventually.  I've not put their pictures up here.























Then I went to the office, Fluffy went outside (and fell asleep in the hammock poor fellow) and left them to take over the lounge. I did have to yell at them several times because they kept waking me up.

Thursday I took great pleasure in waking them up early. Another friend, Sarah, was coming for the day as her kitchen floors were being sanded and they had to get out of the house. Not sure I like that idea - 4 teenagers in my house unattended. One left about lunch time, another at 3 and the last just before we got home. The house was even clean when we did. Aaah. Looks like Dobby has the capability to look behind her after all!

Friday Dobby had a quiet day at home.  the house still looked good when I got home.  Not sure what she did.  Friday evening some friends from the club stopped in to drop off their two daughters.  They live an hour away so it's easier for them to drop them over, and the girls stay the night.

Saturday we took the girls go kart racing, meeting another SAPI daughter there.  The girls paid $25 for ten minutes, and Fluffy treated them to a round of laser skirmish and another ten minutes of racing.  They had a blast!  Their time finished just before it began to rain, which was good because half the track is outdoors.

Here's a short clip of the hoons in action (that's Fluffy overtaking Dobby at the start, with the rest of the group following).





After the racing, we met the parents at Hungry Jacks across the road for a late lunch.  Everyone was very exhausted, and the weather had turned cold, so it was a very tired family that headed home.  Fluffy set up camp in the hammock with the dog and a blanket, Dobby put herself into her bed, which was still made made up from last night and put Mr Bean on the TV.  I went and lay on the bed watching Contagion.  Good movie.  Toasted chicken sandwiches and ice cream cake for dinner.  Yum.

Sunday and Fluffy was back at work.  Dobby and I had a previous engagement with our friend Marg for lunch.  She'll be 80 this year and I think she's finally starting to feel 70.  Lovely little thing.  She insisted on treating.  Usually I pay or let her pay for dessert.  Today our whole order was only about $37 so I relented.  Truthfully, I had to keep money aside for something Fluffy wants to do on Monday so wasn't game enough to spend too much today.

After lunch Dobby and I went to Harbourtown to find that school bag.  She knew what she was looking for, so it was just a matter of looking at any shop that may have back packs.  She found it on about the 3rd shop but sensibly decided to keep looking.  Along the way I stopped at Rivers to see if I could find a replacement pair of work shoes.  I didn't find what I was looking for but did find a nice pair of black patent cort/loafer style shoes for winter.  And they were on special.  Dobby found black suede ankle boots she loves.  She bought those herself.  Even better.

I also found the white ceramic garden gnome a friend had asked me to get if I happened to see one.  Harbourtown is a big place and my back isn't what it used to be, so by the end of the day I was quite exhausted.  When I got home it would have been very easy not to move again.  Apart from getting the washing in and cooking dinner, I didn't do much.  I also have a headache.  Not a bad one, but if I don't take care of it tonight it will become one.  That's the result of watching movies yesterday afternoon.  Which is why I don't do it much.

Anyway, that's my week.  Thankfully I only have two days then Anzac day off.  And at that Dobby is bringing a friend home from cadets Tuesday night.  Sigh.... oh well.... at least we can all sleep in!




3 comments:

SOL's view said...

You were napping in the office?? :)

Yup, sounds like a very busy week. Totally different to mine.

Glad she had a good birthday.

Butterfly Kissez said...

This new Blogger is hard to get used to! You sound like you had a great week!

Butterfly Kissez said...

Oh and so jealous over your jelly bean background! I have been trying for ages to find one for my new Blog "Jellybean JUngle" lol