Wednesday 20 March 2013

Almost there

So, only about two and a half weeks left.  I am enjoying the fact that I can drive now.  Every day I improve, and it's liberating.

Being back at work this week sucks though.  Well, it's good, because I can catch up properly, and am far more organised.  But, well, it's work.  And who really wants to be there I ask you? lol.

I managed the stairs with the crutches just fine on Monday.  Tuesday I walked (well, okay, hobbled) around the office a bit without them, because they have started to hurt under my arms.  The right one feels like it's pinching.  When I got home I asked Fluffy if I had a mark, and it turns out I have a lump under my left armpit.  Whoops.  The right one hurts to touch but the left has the lump.  Curious.

So I only use the crutches here and there.  Today, Wednesday, I have hardly used them at all.  I walked up and down the stairs without them today.  My foot feels okay.  It niggles a bit but nothing serious.

It's been a very busy time for Dobby.  She has a job now.  She works Tuesday, Thursday and Friday at a local fish and chip shop, packing food orders.  She likes it.  She also started her further schooling at a beauty college one and a half days a week.  She goes Mondays and Wednesday nights.  Plus, on the weekend she had her friend Tiny (friends since year two) Friday and Saturday night.  Pity she had to work.

They went to Comicon on Saturday for a few hours, then had to walk home from the supermarket (Fluffy couldn't find them so he left them there), then was on her feet for four hours Saturday night.  Poor kid could hardly walk :-).

She was supposed to work last night, but texted me just before she left school to say she had been sick. She still felt bad but when I got home she was dressed for work.  When she got there she spoke to the boss and said she didn't want to chuck a sickie (her words) and he said that was fine, go home.  She did.  She didn't feel better until around eight.  This morning she seemed fine, although she made the comment her stomach still felt bad.  She has a doctor appointment Saturday to get it seen to.  She has been experiencing pain and irregular bowels for some time now, so there is the possibility she has to be tested for celiac disease or Chrons.  Sigh.

I'm not sure how I'm feeling.  I have felt headachy since Monday, kinda stuffy.  Tired.  Run down.  I wonder if that's the whole swollen gland thing?  Maybe I am fighting an infection somewhere?  Who knows.  If it's still there Saturday I'll see if I can get in the same time as Dobby.

Anyway that's it from me.  Just a little update to let you know I'm still here.  Till next time...

4 comments:

SOL's view said...

Whew. Good you're still here. And isn't throwing away those darned crutches such a wonderful feeling?!

JoeinVegas said...

So rid of the boot in a few weeks?
Glad you are well enough to get back to work (but sorry that you are back at work, yes, much more fun things to do than that)

Silver Tips said...

Nice post about "Almost there"

MCX Tips Free Trial
Only Mcx Tips

NIOS Admission 12th said...

superb and excellent post, i like your post.

NIOS Admission 2018
NIOS on Demand Exam