Wednesday, 13 March 2013


Is so close I can almost taste it.  This saga is almost over.

So I got the moon boot two and a half weeks ago.  On the weekend I took one of the wedges out and am putting weight on my heel.

Actually, this weekend was a huge step forward.  We went to Sydney to start looking around in preparation for our move.  We found a lovely spot we think we'd all like so that's one thing sorted.  Can't do anything more until closer to the time now.

The motel work booked for us was the Sebel Hawksebury Valley Resort.  It looks fantastic.  And it was lovely too, but our room must have not caught up to the rest.  We had a big kingsized bed which was very comfortable, and the bathroom and toilet were new (spa, too, but I couldn't manage that yet unfortunately!).  But the lounge area had a rickety old sofa bed that Dobby slept on, a single leather old fashioned arm chair and a desk chair.  A huge cabinet filled one wall, and it housed the fridge (no mini bar as promised though), and nothing else.  Not even a table.  So when we ordered room service Fluffy had to sit at the desk and Dobby and I had to put the tray of food on her bed and eat there.

Anyway, the resort was halfway between the suburb we wanted to check out and work, so it was well placed.  But our room was up stairs.  Lots of them.  I could either walk the long way around or tackle them.  I tackled them.  And won.  It helped having Fluffy around for support, but he was pleased with my progress.  Coupled with being able to put weight on my foot I'm so much more mobile now.

Even going through the airport (on the way in via a wheelchair, and on crutches on the way back) was a big step.  They are massive places, airports!

Anyway, the weekend was productive.  We found some lovely spots, visited Parramatta (huge shopping centre there), had a very good dinner with my future work colleagues on Monday night at the Motel, a business meeting Tuesday to sort out some stuff with the accountants etc, and got home last night.  Poor Fluffy had to go back to work today after four weeks off.  I feel very bad for him.

Oh, another step forward, I drove today.  So I'm all set to go!  Next Monday I'm going back to work myself.  I'm keen to get myself organised in there so I can do all that needs to be done properly.  I need routine and I just haven't had it here at home.  Too hard working from the dining table.  I need to spread out and have what I need at my fingertips instead of in folders and files tucked here and there.

So, with that in mind, all that's left is to plod along here for the rest of the week.  I have a mammogram booked for Friday that I'll take myself off to (hopefully I can stand there long enough for them to squash me good and proper without tiring too easily).  Then Dobby starts working for Barnacle Bill's fish and chip shop on Friday night.  She is now employed (but still on trial) Friday nights and Saturday nights.  Will be a huge curb to her social life but she knows it's not forever.  Keen as!

Well that's it for now.  If I get some time over the weekend to find photos I will stick some up here.  Bit hard now though.  Till next time, toodleoo!


JoeinVegas said...

Poor Dobby, unfortunately work is forever.

SOL's view said...

Whoo! Freedom is very close! Be amazing when the boot finally comes off.

Chris H said...

I hope when you get the boot off it feels great.

Anonymous said...

love wally xxx

Xiang Nan said...

Hermes Handbags president for her specially designed a handbag, and to her name to name, this is the Replica Handbags,Your help in find out this in Breitling Wattches is very much appreciated. If you could send me more pictures of Rolex Daytona, I could see Rolex Watches Online that it is a nice band of watches that would be great.