Monday 21 May 2007

Weekend workload

You know, I should have lost heaps of weight on the weekend. Jr Her has not been holding up her end of our clean room deal. So, after numerous weeks of threats, bribes and tears (and that was just on My part!), I have taken drastic action. I stripped her room. Left her with just her bed, empty cupboards bar a couple of school uniforms and two changes of clothes for the weekend, and a full bookcase. Why the bookcase, you ask? Well, she hates reading. So, with no toys, a standing screen ban in place for another week, she has nothing to do but read.

Drastic measures, you think? If you had seen this cesspit before you would agree. Tell you what though, my back was killing me afterward. Six hours of solid work to clean it out. Bags and bags of rubbish, and as many bags of stuff now sitting in my hallway waiting for a new home.

She also lost her bunk bed, which has now been lowered to a standard size bed. And do you know what? After all the tears and tantrums died down, she said to me...."gee, mum, I love my clean room...." Coulda kicked her right in the bum!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

humph!! at least SOMEONE updates their blog....

SOL's view said...

hey and well, now you've finished her stuff, come and clean out my daughter's. i can't get her to throw out anything. i think she's got the hoarder gene from both her maternal grandparents. kid hasn't got a chance.

Colleen Barnett said...

Jr Her didn't want to throw anything out either, and last night we did the toy boxes...a huge pile going to the Girl Guides 20c night! Mountains of it....