Tuesday 8 May 2007

Pizza, Pies, Pasties And The Whole Junk Food Express

Man, what am I doing! No wonder I can't shift these kilos! It seems that almost daily there is something going on at work that means a junky lunch. Like last month, there was a meeting and we all got lunch bought in. Sandwiches, which are healthy but contain bread therefore not on my food list, are on the menu. So I grab one with a chicken parmijana in the middle. Ok, not the best choice but I did ditch the foccacia it was wrapped in. Then, we had pizza! Wonderful, thin based pizzas they are too.

On Friday my bestie here at work left :-(. I am feeling quite lost without my skipping partner. Who else can I skip up the hallway with? Well, her going away lunch was - pies, pasties, sausages rolls and sandwiches. Can't possibly eat sandwiches (even if they are chicken and salad!). But that pie I ate got stuck. Or maybe it was the sausage roll...

Friday night is always slack tea at our house cause Jr Her does karate until late. Couldn't possibly cook! Then Saturday night was "Fend for Yourself" night cause I was feeling mad. Yesterday there was a meeting so they bought Sandwiches. There were some of those left, but I went for a walk to the shop and bought a pre packed pasta meal. Lovely!

Today, they are in meetings again, so we got leftover pizza. Man, they are good! I had two pieces of those plus some of the pasta I had already heated up. My belly hurts...

Um, add to that the blueberry muffin I scabbed for morning tea which was leftover from their meeting and you are beginning to get the idea....

I have been trying to do 15 minutes on the exercise bike, like at 8.00 last night in the dark...But I don't think I am going to like my next doctor's appointment. Sigh...wonder if I can catch that plane out of here real soon...

No comments: