Thursday 26 April 2007

And the excitement continues!

Man, what a week! Having a holiday in the middle of the week does terrible things to one's psyche. Like this morning, when I went to put the bins out...

I have recently been "promoted" at work, well, more like shoved out onto the reception desk. I was orignially employed as a .7 (or, seven tenths of a full working week) which was great. Then, I was moved to reception when our receptionist resigned. Which is ok. Exept I ended up volunteering for an extra hour's work per day. Good thing too, as now I am still classed as a .7, but do the work of 1.7. There were few of the receptionist's tasks which were allocated to the other girls, and I have absorbed the rest, while still maintaing my role. Which means I am on full throttle from start to finish! Which means, when I take time to de-stress, I reach for that bite of chocolate. Geez! Will this nightmare never end? What is it with me and chocolate? Surely I am not alone out there? Surely someone else has chocolate addictions when stressed?

I have stepped up the exercise (shudder at that word) marginally, though. Like Tuesday morning. Him got a phonecall at 11.30 Monday night telling him he was needed at work. So, up he gets, trundles off to work (over half an hour's drive away). When he gets there, the day shift supervisor (whom he has been replacing while he was on leave) was there. So back home he comes. Then, after getting home at 1.30am, he has to get back up at 5.15am. I tell you there is no God (sorry, God, just venting...) So, as I was awake too, I got up and jogged around the bedroom.

Yes, I am sorry to say, my jogging skills are somewhat akin to Cliffy Young, but never the less, I jogged around my bedroom for over 15 minutes...

What will I think of next? Stay tuned....

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

whaaa haa haa haa. jogging. good one.....

Colleen Barnett said...

be thankful it wasn't nude jogging...