Wednesday 19 September 2007

Oops...












Well, the unthinkable has happened. The new car is now less than perfect. As you can see, I have broken the beast.

Well, when I say I, I mean We. See, I was in the Bunnings car park on the weekend, buying pipe for Him, and after a long day, and in the midst of a terrible headache, Jr Her and I were on the home stretch. A blue car went past, and when it was clear I reversed.

However, so did the blue car...

While I was checking out the front of my beast to make sure I didn't hit the car beside me, the blue car decided they liked a particular car park and reversed up to claim it. Obviously neither of us were looking at that instance.

Poor Jr Her was in tears (her first accident) and the other driver obviously thought I was at fault, cause he was rather gruff and abrupt. I kept saying "you had gone! You drove past!".

Finally, at the end of our conversation he admitted to me he had seen I was ready to pull out, but chose to reverse back to the car park anyway.

It turns out our police reports are almost identical, except for the minor fact that he put the blame onto myself (of course). Why?

He is a cop....

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

Pfft! And here I was, expecting to see some Damage!

But all I see is a piddly dent in the bumper, and I know about the small crack in the boot lid.

Disappointment I say! Arrrrgghhh! (It's International Talk Like a Pirate Day. And yes, it does deserve capitals.)

Colleen Barnett said...

Arrrrggg me harties! Talk Like a Pirate Day you say? Shiver me timbers, I coulda sworn the damage was pretty good for a simple rear-ender...but that's just what me parrot Long John told me...