Sunday 28 December 2008

End of an adeventure

So it's almost time for Jr Her to come home. I am both looking forward to it and dreading it. She is lovely, she is my daughter, she is fun. But she is also a "tweenie", with raging hormones and a bad attitude!

We have spoken on the phone daily (sometimes more) since we got home, and there have been the occasional time when she has gotten emotional because she didn't get her own way. That I am not looking forward to. But most of the time she is bright and full of fun. That I am looking forward to.

We have a huge surprise waiting, as I mentioned previously, which we expanded on this morning. Details when she gets home. We also stopped at a local dump house which had 50% off everything and bought her a couple of other little cheap things to throw under the tree, and Him bought me a black heavy cotton suit jacket for work (believe it or not, I need it in summer cause the boss has the air conditioning up so high...) and two new pairs of shoes (reduced to $7.50 each). Very nice!

We chose to come home them, too much money flying out the door!

Our Christmas was excellent. After my last post, we went back to the boss's house for lunch. We arrived somewhere around 1.00pm, and left at about 6.45pm... It was a wonderful afternoon, and Him had a few cordials. I don't drink much so I just had water. But it was lovely food, company, and a great afternoon.

Then, I treated Him to a barber shave and massage at Destinations for Men on Christmas Eve. I waited outside until he finished, fully expecting him to come out for a smoke when he was done. I waited half an hour, and finally, after a missed call, found him sitting quite happily inside waiting for me! Just goes to show, when you think you know someone...

Miller's had a $16.95 sale, so he indulged me quickly and I found a pair of red 3/4 pants (several sizes technically too big but just fit), a red singlet with jewels studded around the neck, a pair of black 3/4 pants, and a red and white fitted blouse. All lovely. The red pants had the button missing so I got those for $10.

We went home, connected the van, and about 1.00pm headed over to Point Turton on the Yorke Peninsula. A very nice relaxing trip over, travelling at just over 100kph, and used a whole tank of fuel! Shock! But our site at the caravan park was lovely and it wasn't too busy.

The next day we went to friends in Stansbury for Christmas. We have known these friends for about nine years, and heard all about their families so often, that when we finally met them we felt we had all know each other forever. It was a very lovely day, and we got home about 7.30pm (after borrowing some petrol from one of them who keeps a gerry can spare lucky for us!)

That night a party in the park kept me awake until 3.00am, and we were up at 5.00am to go fishing. We hard the squid are plentiful off the jetty next to the caravan park so we took our chances.

Unfortunately for us, they were only interested in our baited hook, not our squid jig! Very frustrating, because the big king fish swimming below, in full view, were NOT interested in our bait hook. After 4 hours we came home empty handed (and I promptly fell asleep reading).

While Christmas day was cool (I needed a light jacket) Boxing day was actually hot. The park started to fill up with families, and tents and noise, and we just hung about doing nothing in particular at all. I had a little sun dress on and got a lovely tan on my shoulders.

By that evening we had managed to score a trifecta. When we travel, we always get 1) rained on; 2) cold and 3) surrounded by tents and babies. It was cold Christmas eve, and it rained briefly, and on Boxing day a huge family with a baby moved in right behind us! The place was a real hive of people, tents, millions of boats, and noise. But somehow it just didn't matter.

We took our chances at the jetty again after dinner, and this time managed to catch 3 squid with the squid jigs. But that took us another 4 hours to achieve! I did enjoy it though, and wish Jr Her were more patient as I love fishing.

Anyway, we were quite tired by 1.00am when we got to bed, and slept until 5.45 when something woke me up. Then again at 6.30 something else woke me, and finally at 7.30 the garbage truck woke me. I gave up, so we got up and packed up. We left about 9,15am and headed home. It was amazing how much traffic was travelling the other way! We had a great trip home, and only used half a tank this time (weird) as we travelled 10k under the speed limit. Stupid fuel gauge!

Anyway, now we have just today and tomorrow before the peace is broken and Jr Her arrives home in a cyclonic wave of noise and attitude. She is going to get such a surprise... I can't wait to tell you about it!

No comments: