Wednesday 3 October 2007

Why are IT geeks always arrogant?

Ours is. He is one of the most arrogant pigs I have ever met. We pay him a fortune for 24 hour service. Hah! He wouldn't know service if it bit him on the butt! And rude!

For instance, I have been trying to get him in here for well over a week. By the time he comes it will be close to two. He is unreliable, doesn't phone if he can't keep an appointment, shows up when he feels like it, and irritates my office buddy to the point where she will schedule time off when she knows he is coming.

I phoned him in September to come on the 25th. He didn't show. I phoned him on 26th, and his only response was that he was tied up. No apologies or any such thing. He promised to come on 27th. He didn't, nor did he phone.

On the 26th I had, at his request, emailed him a set of documents which we were experiencing communication issues with (I have a Mac and the rest of the world has Microsoft). He has a Mac, so of course they were going to open on his computer. On the Friday, 28th, he emailed me to say of course he could open them, and why was I sending picture documents anyway? I need to send PDFs. Perhaps, but our client (who pays our wages) asked for picture documents...Who am I to argue with them?

Anyway, on Friday I was forced to phone him as I still had not heard from him. He simply said he had car issues. Not my problem, how hard is it to pick up the phone??? He said he could come that day. Not suitable for us, come next week, and this time, phone and tell us when you are unable to come, yes? I send him a reminder email with the agreed time.

So today, about 25 minutes before the appointed hour, he phones (minor miracle!!) Guess what? He wants to reschedule because he has to be at Wingfield at 1.20. Again, not my problem and when I remind him he has put me off several times already, he laughs and says "I know"...yet, here I sit again, with a vague promise to come either at 3.30 today or "first thing in the morning". I am so angry that I am just cast aside yet again, and even that I am the one who has to deal with him as my office partner is pregnant and cannot deal with the stress levels he inflicts on her. Sigh...bloody IT geeks. So much for 24 hour service....

4 comments:

SOL's view said...

Tch. Shame you can't go elsewhere. Maybe he knows that.

Colleen Barnett said...

We probably could, but whether we would is a different story. The boss is finally realising what a jerk this guy is, so it may be an option we will look at.

Anonymous said...

here here to the arrogant IT geeks!! one that we had in once was fairly similar (but a friend of the bosses - sadly)... each time i phoned him to ask about a problem, he would fob me off saying that it shouldnt be happening... i dont care if it shouldnt - IT IS!!! it took him 6 months of this issue (albeit it was a minor one - but annoying) before he came in to make the 5 minute repair - yep, that was tough eh? grrrrrrr needless to say, now that that boss has left, we have gone back to our previous IT dude (who is much friendlier, and highly entertaining to boot!!) xxoo

The Elder said...

sounds like one of the guys from the IT crowd.....

"hello IT. Have you tried turning it off and on again?"