Friday 18 July 2008

Chilli Prawns

Recently I have had requests for a particular recipe, so I figure, what better way to get it out there? This is based on a recipe I saw on Out Of The Blue (SA fans will know what I mean) but when I went to make it I couldn't remember the exact ingredients, so I made it up. I think it is the same though...

Ingredients (serves 4):

3 tablespoons Chili Sauce
1 tablespoon Butter
1-2 cloves crushed garlic (optional)
2-3 cups De-shelled raw prawns, or cooked and peeled
1 tablespoon Lime juice
1 cup Macadamia nuts

1. Melt butter in a frying pan over moderate heat. Add garlic. Do not allow to burn.
2. Throw in prawns and stir till cooked
3. Add chili sauce, stir till thickened
4. Add lime juice and macadamias.

Serve tossed through pasta or with fresh salad.

Of course, the chili and garlic are to taste. The sauce is usually a little thick if you use enough butter. Don't make it too hot, and don't overcook the prawns. We often have this in summer. I will make it one weekend and serve with fettuchini next time.

If you want to know any other recipes, I have load (good old collector of cook books that I am...) or if you want to share any, feel free!

Bon Appetite!

No comments: