Wednesday 30 July 2008

Waffles revisited

It's been awhile since my last blog of any substance, and I am sorry to say this one is no better. I just thought I should touch base and update what has been happening in my boring old life.

Nothing.

Well, not entirely true. Him started night shift again this week. I don't mind night shift, cause I sleep better, but it creates a whole pack of other problems. Like coming home from work and trying to do all the usual stuff - organise Jr Her not to drop her stuff in the middle of the floor; get the cold damp washing off the line before the night really sets in; clear the day's washing off the table; get dinner started. But poor Him wants me to sit with him (if he is awake) and gets a tad upset if I am busy doing other stuff.

I do enjoy sitting with him in the dark bedroom having a chat, but Jr Her feels left out and joins us (that's okay too). We like to spend time talking like this. But the chores don't get done and it puts me behind schedule.

And, when he is still asleep, it is very hard to keep quiet. He doesn't like us to, he feels bad that we have to, but out of courtesy it makes sense to be quiet. We don't know how much sleep he has managed to get so I try to be as quiet as possible. Not easy with a baby elephant stomping around the house wreaking havoc wherever she goes. She does try though, she is just not a naturally quiet person.

So, anyway, Him is on night shift, and my boss has been away for a week, which has meant very quiet boring days at work (which I love....). Jr Her now has an email address at school and was very proud to send emails to her parents (if spelled rather badly). It's the little things...

I have a visit with the surgeon again next week, and if I were to say I was looking forward to it, I would be a big fat liar (literally). I am curious to know how much weight I have put on, but then again, I don't want to know at all. Well, hopefully he can expand my band again and I will stop shoving food at my mouth. Hopefully...

A friend who has had the same surgery is doing very well, and looks great. I am insanely jealous. My own fault, I know, but I am insanely jealous! haha. Anyway, I wish her really well, as she is a beautiful person and will be stunning slim.

I hope to get to Qld at the end of this year (it's been awhile) so I would need to lose a lot of weight first, or I will go home a failure...not looking forward to that....

3 comments:

SOL's view said...

never a failure, pet, never a failure.

so, what's your friend's secret? maybe she can give you some pointers. =)

Anonymous said...

yes, my sentiments exactly - we love you curvy or slim. No matter what.... xxxx moose

Anonymous said...

There is always two sides to every story and I dislike Night shift as much as the next person. The only reason I work nights is it gives me $1300 a week working 4 nights and on Days I have to work 6 9hr days staight to get the money we need to survive not counting colleen wage of $2200 per month. pritty sad when we take home $7400 a month and bearly have enough to by a beer at the end of each week. HIM