Saturday 8 November 2008

Ummmm....

So I was asked recently why I hadn't updated my blog. Well, quite simply, because nothing worth writing about has happened.

Like the Melbourne Cup. No surprises there. I put $4 each way on three horses and $4 each way on a horse for Him. Plus a $3 mystery bet. His horse lead for most of the race, only to lose it on the straight. My horses came in 4th and 5th and somewhere down the back. My boss went to a function, and in 3 sweeps, drew the same horse 3 times. On the 3rd he asked for a re-draw. Granted, he then drew a horse for me. Same horse. It came in 2nd so I scored a small windfall for nothing...

Or perhaps the time Him came home from work asking if I had heard about the boat fire outside a block of flats on Towers Terrace. Nope, didn't hear a thing. Our street joins up to Towers Terrace, and our back yard is bordered by a block of flats. Yep, the boat was outside that block of flats, someone set fire to it, and we never heard a thing. Typical.

Or maybe the storm that struck recently early in the morning. I had been having a lovely dream which featured a quiet storm in the background. Suddenly I was woken by a massive BANG and our alarm saying "Hello...." We had experienced a huge thunder clap which caused a power surge. Usually our alarm gives us a spiel about "no alarms in memory, system trouble blah blah.." This time she just said "hello..." That in itself freaked me out. Our back up battery has gone so it has continually beeped for a week now. Little chirpy thing that interrupts sleep. After that, she has been strangely quiet... I wonder if the power surge caused the back up battery to start charging again. Strange.

So, as you can see, the reason I haven't updated my blog is that nothing exciting ever happens here....

1 comment:

SOL's view said...

the talking alarm thing would have been good on halloween.... =)