Wednesday 23 April 2008

Spooky...

There is an old lady living next door. Well, she was. Until last weekend. Apparently, while I had a house full of guests, she up and died.

Now, the strange part of this story, is not spooky at all, sorry, that was just to get you in...No, the strange part is that for the last few days I have been worried because the house was all closed up. Not that it was ever open, but closed up for her standards.

I even commented to Him just the other night that I was concerned. Turns out, what I saw and was worried about, was AFTER she had been found and removed. While she was there, the house was open. It was closed up after she was taken away Wednesday.

On reflection, I did notice that on Tuesday the house was open early. But it slipped my mind after that. It seems that a friend tried to phone her Wednesday but was unable to reach her. The police were called and they contacted her daughter. They all traipsed down to the house and broke in. Apparently, she died either Saturday or Sunday. But I am inclined to think it was Monday because I am sure her rubbish bin was out Monday morning. I asked around and dad said he thought it was cause he noticed it was close to ours. Which means she had to have brought it back in after lunch Monday...

Strange.....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

poor thing. do you know what she died of? Or was it just old age...

Miss LJ said...

oh... that is a bit weird hey? I suppose thats the thing when older people live on their won... you never know what might happen. And isn't it odd to have such feelings like you did? Women's intuition I think.

YEs, painting this weekend should be fun, I have never done any housey work likr that before... so I'm a house renovator virgin.. hehehe!!! I'll make sure I put up some piccy's next week!!

HAve a good long weekend. Enjoy the extra day off... I certainly will be!

The Elder said...

maybe the girls throwing the cake over the fence was too much for the little old lady to handle and she just couldn't take it any more so she died??

hey, it sounds good....

Colleen Barnett said...

I am thinking old age...or a group of screaming 11-year-olds...take your pick...

If I remember, high blood pressure factored in, and she would have been 86 on Monday...