Tuesday 5 August 2008

Surprise!

So I came home last night to a lovely surprise! First, a bit of background. Things were a little rocky over the weekend, which I won't go into here, suffice to say we had an argument. So things were still a little shaky yesterday.

I had, in the mean time, asked Him to buy a few vegies for dinner. Yesterday, as he is on night shift and had a few things to do through the day, asked if I could get them instead. I had the EFTPOS card anyway to replace the rent money.

Later in the day I get a message saying that I was to replace a little more of the money as Him had used some. No worries, says I.

I had planned to stop at the shop and get vegies after work, but as it was pouring during an excursion uptown, and I had no desire to make my hair look any more hideous than usual, I ducked into the supermarket to grab some.

Upon my return home I found Him had done a lovely little vegie shop of his own, and I was greeted to the smell of cooking steak, with plates full of salad arranged neatly and chips in the oven. Yes, I had dinner cooked for me again. What a lovely surprise (and lucky I didn't stop after work!). Dinner was lovely and horribly healthy.

Also, in the freezer, were containers of chopped vegies ready to be cooked, and extra salad in a container in the fridge. Jr Her likes salad for lunch so we both had fresh salad for lunch today, and tonight we have a container of chopped vegies to stir fry with beef.

I tell you, it was so nice to come home to cooked dinner. Very, very much appreciated!

2 comments:

SOL's view said...

Oh, like, that is sooooo worth coming home to. But not straight away in my house. I like to 'crash' for a bit first...

w00t for surprises.

Miss LJ said...

Oh you lucky lady!! How nice of hubby to do that for you, and salad in the fridge aswell... what a treat!!!

Regarding you comment about quick easy meals, yes, please do email me some!! I need to get away from the packet stuff, and into some real food.

My email address is leannef@internode.on.net

Thanks fo rthat! No rush, just whenever you have a chance.

day 2 and 3 were not much better than day one, but....I WILL get there, even if it is slowly.

xxx :)