Friday 26 September 2008

Progress

Well, it has been an interesting week this week.

We decided that because my birthday was on bowling night, we would do the present thing Tuesday night instead. That was lovely, and I received some very nice gifts and money. Always good to get presents. Then on Wednesday, I got a video call from the family in Qld (you know who you are!), and text messages from my two best friends in Qld.

I also received emails from two friends wishing me happy birthday whom I wouldn't have expected to remember, so that was a bonus. Then, when I got to work Wednesday, my boss was in Sydney. He left me an email with directions to a small something in his office. He had bought me a $50 David Jones voucher! Plus both he and his wife phoned to wish me happy birthday.

At bowling I didn't escape either. Someone dobbed me into the staff and they put a birthday announcement over the PA. Nice!

Tonight is drinks with friends on the way home from work. Should be a good chance to catch up with people I don't see much of any more.

Yesterday I decided to actually do something with my Facebook page. I signed up months ago for a friend (one of whom left me the message) but never took it any further. The local radio station has a DJ who is very technically challenged. Two local businesses have decided that if he can get 3000 Facebook friends by today they will donate $3000 to Ronald McDonald House. So I revisited my page and added him as a friend. When I last looked he had over 4000! Excellent. Although, some yob thought that his vote was only worth 1c instead of $1. Stupid git.

So, that's my week at a glance. The same radio has been having a top 500 countdown thing going too. Good music. I voted for a couple of songs and the station phoned me today for a chat about my votes, which may find itself on air later in the day. If you are lucky enough to be listening at the right time, and phone up at the right time, and be the first caller through you can win $500. that would have been nice on Wednesday, wouldn't it? But I always get pipped at the post. Today (the last day) it's going to be between 4pm and 5pm. Knowing me I will be in the car....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sounds like your week was interesting. happy birthday again
love wally

SOL's view said...

so, did you get to hear your 2c worth on air?

or is that 1c worth???

=]