Monday 9 March 2009

I think I missed something...

So we took the van away for the long weekend. Him managed to find us a lovely quiet caravan park at the last minute. Finding a site one week out from a long weekend is extremely difficult in Adelaide, let me tell you. Anyway, we found one with an ensuite of all things at Murray Bridge.

I have to say, it wasn't a fancy park at all. Very, very basic and the ensuite could have used a good clean. Not that it was people dirty, but dirty dirty. There is no grass to speak of due to water restrictions, so dirt was on everything, and I don't think it had been given a wipe over in a long time.

Anyway, we finally had a quiet weekend. Not without hassles, like the 4 cabins behind us being booked out by groups of people who talk and laugh a lot. But the good thing was they were all but silent through the night. There were kids, but they were up in the general population away from the ensuite sites. And of course, there was the domestic...

On the Saturday night I had heard voices, raised and loud, on and off, and one batch in particular woke me at approximately 12.40am. I did manage to get back to sleep but I wasn't happy. Next morning our neighbour 2 sites over wandered over. Did we hear the commotion last night? Turns out the tent family behind him had a domestic. The woman was yelling, screaming and swearing. There were cops, ambulance, cars slamming... When the husband woke up the fellow chatted to him. His version was that the woman was drunk and woke him up abusing him and hitting into him. He retaliated and she phoned the cops and they came and took him away. They woke the kids up and carted mum off in the ambulance (not that she needed one, from the account of the neighbour). Next morning then tent was gone and only hubby and his son were left. The cops brought him back and packed up the other tent and took her and it away. Strange all round...

Apart from that, it was a very quiet weekend. We went shopping Saturday morning as Jr Her had forgotten to pack long pants (or more like I didn't tell her specifically what to pack). Target has some for $15, so I grabbed them and another pair for school. She also got knickers, and Him got a pair of shorts that were reduced. Then, across from Target is a sports store. Jr Her always wanted Converse shoes, and they were on special. She now has a pink pair. Then, we went to the Reject Shop and bought a mat for the van, some knick knacks, and they suggested strongly I buy myself that pair of pink flanny pjs with green frogs. I did. Happy me. They are a perfect fit too.

We decided we had better go home after that as we were broke...

We all had a Nana nap in the afternoon, and lovely lamb chop cacciatore for dinner. Sunday we didn't move from the park. We sat around, bludged, ate and generally grew fat and lazy. After another Nana nap, Jr Her and I grew restless so we went for another walk to the river. You may remember recently a portion of the Murray River bank collapsed, taking some cars with it. Well, that was right where we stayed. We didn't venture passed the roped off area but found out this morning a family had gone under the rope and were fishing right were it says "Danger". Some people...

The power went off last night, so I didn't sleep too well worrying about the fridges and stuff. Needn't have bothered about one - the soft drinks were still frozen late this afternoon! All in all, a very relaxing holiday was had. Now, I need time off to get over it....

1 comment:

SOL's view said...

sooooo. you're telling me that if i need an exciting holiday, i need to buy myself a van and go touring the van parks...?

LOL my word is *reform*